The Republic of Cyprus have announced updated Covid-19 measures at the island due to the recent sudden increase in cases.
The updated measures are as follows:
Measures implemented nationwide:
- The measures implemented on the 4th of November will remain valid until the 30th of November.
- Gathering of up to 10 people permitted.
- Dining areas will remain open until 22:30.
- Curfew from 23:00 – 05:00.
- Maximum of 75 people permitted to attend Church at one time.
- Playgrounds and Amusement Parks suspended.
- Conferences prohibited.
- Visits to nursing homes and structures for vulnerable groups (excluding people with disabilities) are prohibited.
- Camper operations suspended.
- Retail trade and pharmacies will only be permitted for people over 65 and with disabilities until 10:00.
Measures implemented for Limassol and Paphos:
- Other than health/work reasons backed with certification, leaving the house between the hours of 20:00 – 05:00 is prohibited.
- It is forbidden to move to and from the provinces with the exception of reasons of health/profession.
- Other than for sporting reasons and while not exceeding more than 2 people, gathering in public places is prohibited.
- 10 people are permitted to gather in one house.
- Only 10 people permitted to attend Weddings, Churches and Baptisms.
- Ceremonial dinners are prohibited, except in a home with up to 10 people.
- Students will not physically be attending high school.
- Public Services will continue however with security personnel.
- The operation of restaurants is suspended.
- Visits to hospitals are prohibited.
- The operation of museums is suspended.
- The operation of outdoor and indoor theaters, amphitheaters, cinemas and theater halls is suspended.
- Public markets to operate at 50% capacity, based on the relevant protocol.
- Public transport will operate at 50% of its capacity.
- The operation of shopping malls is suspended.
- The operation of hairdressers, beauty salons, gyms, casinos is suspended.
- Sports and social activities for children under 18 are prohibited.
- Attending ecclesiastical and other forms of religious worship in religious places is prohibited.
Like us on Facebook HERE.
Follow us on Twitter HERE.
Word From Cyprus